United Fresh News > COVID-19 Alert Level 3
COVID-19 Alert Level 3
The government has now put New Zealand into Alert Level 3 (and indicated that this will go to Alert Level 4 in 48 hours).
Some of the people and businesses in our industry will be considered essential services because many of us are involved in our nation’s food supply. The Prime Minister has advised that more information on this will be available later today.
Alert Level 3 – Restrict
Heightened risk that disease is not contained.
- Community transmission occurring OR
- Multiple clusters breakout
Measures that need to be taken by individuals and businesses/organisations
- Travel in areas with clusters or community transmission limited
- Affected educational facilities closed
- Mass gathering cancelled
- Public venues closed (e.g. libraries, museums, cinemas, food courts, gyms, pools, amusement parks)
- Alternative ways of working required and some non-essential businesses should close
- Non face-to-face primary care consultations
- Non acute (elective services and procedures in hospitals deferred and healthcare staff reprioritised
Read more here.